Looking for Big Hearted Creatives Who Can Contribute to the Film Program In the Following Ways
• Combine your experience as a filmmaker with your desire to help create a film program where you can volunteer as a workshop facilitator and teach children how to work together as a film crew to make a short film
• Contribute space to run the program
• Contribute equipment to the program for a certain amount of time
• IDEAS WELCOMED
About The Program
• Children 8-14 years of age with their Big Brother Big Sister mentors and the creative team of professionals gathering together as part of a film crew for a set number of weeks to experiment with their expression as filmmakers by exploring imagination, sharing skills and learning to collaborate as a team to create a visual story that comes alive to play with us and conjure up a felt experience of anything is possible.
• During the process of making the film the basic principles of short film making through screenplay structure, camera functionality, camera operation, and role descriptions are experienced as children learn how to work as a crew, how to storyboard, how to direct, and how to edit.
• At the end the children can invite their family and friends to a film screening where they can showcase the short film and celebrate their accomplishment
Some Of The Rewards
• Seeing the children's smiling faces as they try something new and the pride they will experience when they see the completed film.
• Helping to foster healthy human connections and team work through art.
If you feel drawn to the project I'd love to hear from you. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org.